It is that time of year again! We’re all ready to turn our lives upside down with our 2017 New Year’s Resolution lists. This year, Red Cross Pharmacy is here with some tips to help you stick to your new goals so you’re not one of the 80% of people that have given up by February.1
If you often find yourself falling just short of your New Year’s goals, here are some tips to make sure you conquer them this time:
1. Make it as easy as possible on yourself
2. Don’t be discouraged, be realistic
3. Make it last, make it fun
Need help setting your own goals? Below is important information to help you decide on your 2017 lifestyle changes!
1.Luciani, J. “Why 80 Percent of New Year’s Resolutions Fail.” Health.usnews.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Oct. 2016.
2.”10 Ways to Make Your New Year’s Resolutions Stick.” WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 04 Oct. 2016.
3.Dean, S. (n.d.). Here’s how long it takes to break a habit, according to science. Retrieved October 05, 2016, from http://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-long-it-takes-to-break-a-habit-according-to-science
4.Skopec, C. (2016, January 10). Wall St. Cheat Sheet: 4 Ways to Stick to Your Healthy New Year’s Resolutions. Retrieved October 4, 2016
4.Csatari, J. (01/01/2016). Scouting (north brunswick): Resolve to make progress: Eight ways to make your resolutions stick in the New Year Boy Scouts of America.
6. http://www.postconsumers.com/education/eco-friendly-new-years-resolutions/ (image)
7. Healthy People 2020. Healthy People 2020. Web. 24 Oct. 2016.
8. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. 2015 – 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. 8th Edition. December 2015. Available at http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/